Monday, April 23, 2012

Cloth diaper trials are live!- MAC's diapers

It took me a whole long month, and a very trying month at that, but I feel like I finally have perfected my "perfect cloth diaper" and am ready to start selling.  Although I have sold a few.  I still have many more that need to be tested and reviewed.  A note, all of my diapers left are still practice diapers which means they may have some minor stitch malfunctions here and there, some of the elastic may not be perfectly taught, but they are fully functioning diapers.


Currently, along with my other crochet and knit wear(which is great for the fall and winter!), I have started back up making cloth diapers.  I decided to revisit a dream that I had 2 years ago when my daughter was born of hidden PUL, cute cotton prints and a stay dry inner.  Although, let's be honest, 2 years ago these fabrics were hard to come by, so my ambition to make these diapers fizzled out.  But it's back now, and I've successfully patterned my own cloth diapers again.  And I'm making AI2's, fitteds, and wipes.  Hoping to add fleece covers soon.

So what kind of AI2's do we offer?  Right now we're offering a newborn tester.

  I'm not necessarily good at making newborns, I've never "technically" had a newborn.  With 3 kids between 9 and 12 lbs at birth.  I don't know what those are like, which is why they're up for sale as testers!  I also offer 2 different kind of AI2's, one with double inner gussets, and one without.  They are all lined with microfleece or microchamois, and have a hidden layer of PUL with a cotton print outer.

They also will be a one size fits most

The next set will have a 6 layer petal soaker with an additional snap in.  For these testers I didn't have enough to do that.  All soakers are made out an organic cotton fleece and organic bamboo terry, soft side out and will be able to snap in and out of the their shell.  I've found these "shells" can be used at least 2 times.  Soakers are long similar to snake style and can fold up for smaller babies.  They also fit trimly between the double gussets to ensure a good leg fit.
I'm also making side snapping fitted diapers.  The diapers will require a cover.  My ones right now have a cotton print outer, or flannel, and have a hidden layer of microfleece, a bamboo terry soaker, and a soft bamboo terry inner.  A 2 layer booster of organic cotton and bamboo snaps in at the front to hide the hip snaps. They are one size fits most and have a snap down rise.


These are for sale over at ETSY for a price that only covers the cost of materials.  To offer an even better incentive, if you buy one of my diapers, and review it, we're offering a $5 credit for ANYTHING I make.  Customs included.  We really want to hear a variety of feed back on these.

To see what some of these diapers look like on, check out this little cutie below and then head on over to ETSY and make your purchase!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/AdriannaKnits?ref=si_shop




No comments:

Post a Comment