Saturday, July 21, 2012

Closing our Etsy store

Now I've been on Etsy for 2 years come October.  For the first year, I didn't sell anything, this second year, I've done quite well but let's be honest.  Etsy fees are astronomical. 

Sadly it's true.  You don't have to pay anything to open the store, but they charge you to list your item, and they also take a % of your item's purchase.  Now, nothing is wrong with that, everyone needs to make money, but PayPal already takes a percentage, and Etsy does too.  This has left me no choice but to up my fees on Etsy.

Thankfully, Katie of 3 Sweet Peas brought to my attention HyenaCart.

I've seen HyenaCart a lot for cloth diapers, and I finally went on over and saw they too do crochet and knit items. 

This is great for us, because we can be charged a one time monthly fee for my items to be listed.

Now there has been some debate, or worry is a better word, about HyenaCart.  This past weekend they were infected by a virus, and then some say they caught another virus that following Wednesday night. 

So we needed to weigh our options.

My husband looked over the site, and I still think in the long run it's more beneficial.  So we are plugging on to close my Etsy store and move over to HyenaCart.  Our Etsy store will close officially on August 3rd, and our HyenaCart will open for stocking that Sunday on August 5th.


Also, making diapers for me was a way to just kind of  get through the summer.  I love making them and will continue to make them, but fall and winter is the busiest time of year for me.  I have so many birthdays, an anniversary, Christmas, bazaars, it's crazy.  So not many diapers will be posted on HyenaCart, mostly it will be custom made to order crochet and knit items for Christmas and a few diapers that I have laying around.

We hope that this transition will go smoothly and I hope to see many of you there!

Our New Store!


No comments:

Post a Comment